Old December 1st 08, 02:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Light of Aria[_2_]

Default Police pick on cyclist

"pk" wrote in message
"David Hansen" wrote in message

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/topstories/Cyclist-fined-after-three-hours.4747444.jp.

Rough translation:

"the cyclist got lippy and tried to be clever by shining the "light" in
the officer's face" so they nicked him.

pk

That sounds like what may have happened. If you show Police disrespect they
will go to town on you.

Being a sociology lecturer he's the sort of person who might be a bit
bolshie. Catch a pig on the wrong day, and this is what happens. Count
himself lucky he didn't get tasered, clubbed or shot.

Also some people get very nervous near threatening authority types in peaked
caps, as I do, even though they've done nothing wrong. This can cause
normally decent rational people to misbehave in odd and irrational ways.

In my area cyclists seem to cycle along with no lights, some in Ninja mode,
with impunity. I would sort of appreciate it if the Police beat up a few
cycle nutters here.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for everyone if the Police just handed out £10 sets
of lights and be done with the problem.