Old January 1st 10, 11:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ben C

Default Can't walk or stand up? Ride bike instead.

On 2010-01-01, Dan O wrote:
[...]
I figured right after it happened that it must have been hurt because
those particular muscle structures weren't used for bicycling and
therefor weren't prepared to handle the sudden extension (probably
made worse by sudden twisting for the panic unclip). Weird, though,
how I could still ride bike pretty much fine with an acutely
debilitating leg injury.

Hope your leg's all right. Walking is harder than one thinks. I could
ride the bike long before I could walk without a stick when I broke my
leg a while back.

Every little thing has to be working pretty much perfectly to be able to
walk smoothly without any kind of a limp.