Old April 12th 10, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Simon Lewis

Default You don't need an expensive bike helmet to ride safely---BHSI Lab Tests Finds no difference between expensive and cheap helmets.

Frank Krygowski writes:

On Apr 12, 8:41Â*am, "(PeteCresswell)" wrote:
Per Frank Krygowski:

_If_ helmets kept people from showing up in the hospital, it would be
detected by the reduction in percentage hospitalized due to head
injury. Â*Seriously - Isn't that clear?

Maybe it was covered somewhere and I didn't see it, but the first
thing that jumps into my mind is the World War I anecdote where
some government (Great Britain?) introduced protective helmets
for their troops and saw the number of head injuries skyrocket.

The explanation being that soldiers that would have been dead
without the helmet were showing up in hospitals.

Pete, you're hoping to find _some_ excuse to continue believing in
magic protection.

Magic protection? Frank : you're a total and utter idiot. I want you to
know that. And be VERY sure that you are.

once more : why are eggs stored in corrugated boxes? If your child
cracked her skull on the kerb would you prefer he/she had a helmet or
would you prefer the soft skull makes direct contact with the shark
curb?

You are a danger to yourself and others.