Old March 12th 18, 01:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default rim notation

AMuzi wrote:

Standard format fits Sturmey, Shimano,
SRAM-Sachs-F&S-Torpedo, Bendix, Durex,
Centrix, and so on right down to $5 chinese
child's coaster hubs.

I have also come across a Swedish coaster hub
called Nova which I'd place no later than the
1960s. Always when I see one it is spoked to
the kind of "deep" rim which looks like the
letter V and has a centerline of holes for the
spokes at the bottom of the valley, also the
rim has small brackets or oval washers between
inside the rim and the spoke nipple heads, and
those are common areas of corrosion (?) or
other material loss of freshness. Next time
I see one I'll examine if the sprocket is
standard 3-spline on this hub as well...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573