Old November 10th 08, 03:12 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Harry Brogan

Default O.K.Guys........I'm back!!!!

Harry, you are a true Upper Midwestern cultivated person! Like you, I always
explored my surroundings no matter where I was stationed. I expect both
Portsmouth and Norfolk have changed a lot since the 1950's, although I
suspect Norfolk remains a predominately Navy town. I can't tell you how many
times I wandered up and down Granby Ave., a typical lost Navy enlisted man
looking for a bit of romance and excitement. Ah, to be 20 again!

Hey, we Navy guys have got to stick together. Remind me never to take you to
task about anything ever again! I am now your friend whether you want me or
not.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Yes Ed, Norfolk and the surrounding areas have changed A LOT since I
was here in the Seventies. I can't imagine the change since the
fifties!!!!! Yes Norfolk and Portsmouth are Navy/Shipbuilding towns.
There's even a Military newspaper called "Flagship" that's free in
most areas. I try to pick one up as often as possible.

I don't think that you will find much "romance" over on Granby now.
It's changed to strip malls and apartments. Although there ARE the
required "bad places" for the Navy guys to go to!!!!! ((YOU know what
I mean!!))

Glad that I have a friend on here. Never can have too many friends in
this day and age!!!!!
__o | Every time I see an adult on a bicycle....
_`\(,_ | I no longer despair for the human race.