Old June 27th 09, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nuxx Bar

Default What is this the rest of the time?

On Jun 25, 12:48*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 01:45:33 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I suppose it could be a Smart Car lane...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chthonic/3658882863/

I hate that type of lane. *You are completely stuck at the speed of
the slowest, and if you take avoiding action in any direction you hit
a kerb.

Right. So when someone's held up on a bike, it's OK for them to
complain, especially when the roadspace has been artificially and
needlessly restricted so that they can't get past. But when someone's
held up in a car, even if it's by an inconsiderate moron who's going
extremely slowly and doing his very best to hold up a long line of
vehicles, any complaint about being held up or any attempt to get past
and the driver is immediately labelled an impatient, irresponsible
child-killing monster who should be thrown in jail.

Once again, this is a case of something being "OK" when a cyclist does
it, but not when a motorist does it, and once again, such
discrimination is the result of a blatant hatred of motorists.