Old April 20th 18, 01:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default today's ride

On 4/19/2018 11:07 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 12:32:12 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Pockets? Don't need them, don't want them. To me a real bicycle has a
trunk or panniers just like motor vehicles do.

Commercial jerseys don't have *enough* pockets. There are things that
must come with me when I leave the bike, such as my wallet and keys
and reading glasses, and there are things that I must get at without
dismounting, such as my handkerchief, pocket watch, and notebook.

(I pull off and stop before using the last two, of course.)

The Ancients had pockets on both sides of their jerseys:
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...rtali--012.jpg

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/