Old November 11th 19, 06:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Patent updates

On Mon, 11 Nov 2019 16:34:40 +1100, James
wrote:

If you're running power from a battery to all the components, you've
voided the intent of "wireless".

Agreed. However, which would you consider more reliable? Wireless
brakes and shifting, or wired brakes and shifting?

Wireless is much less reliable because it's susceptible to
interference from outside sources, mutual interference from other
wireless devices on the bicycle or nearby bicycles, and for low power
devices, limited range. I can see wireless control for non-critical
devices such as lighting, media player, navigation, coffee warmer,
bicycle computer, and perhaps data collection. I would not use
wireless for brakes, shifting gears, or any other electrical device
that might produce a crash or other accident.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D