Old July 3rd 20, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default BBC tips on bike commuting

On 7/2/2020 7:53 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:
Now that the covids are weakening, the beeb has some tips for those that
might ride to work. Most of it seemed pretty sane to me.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-53143...ork-here-s-how

I like it. It's obviously extremely condensed, but the information is good.

Very near the beginning, he says something about choosing a pleasant
route. I think that's often not emphasized enough. I had many people ask
me "You ride your bike to work on the freeway??" as if that was the only
way into town.

Some motorists have forgotten there are often small, quiet parallel
streets, and occasionally, nice cut-throughs open only to bikes and peds.

Whenever I've had a new place to bike to or from, I've done some map
work and exploring.

--
- Frank Krygowski