Old January 18th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Uni Weights...

Klaas Bil wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:48:17 -0600, Jim_Rob wrote:

Gee, I was just trying to have some fun, Harper would have enjoyed

it.

Me too. But I couldn't help wondering why 'precise' would me a more
relative term than 'exact', as you seem to imply.

In the technical world, precise is a relative term requiring
qualification, so one can speak of how precise a measurement is (+/-10%
etc.) Exact is an absolute term, which comes to us from mathematics.
One can have an exact solution to an equation, but it is not possible
to make an exact measurement.

--
Jim_Rob

TTFN- JR

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice.

In practice, there is.
Jim_Rob's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3824