Old September 10th 18, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default THE CASE FOR A MANDATORY CYCLE HELMET LAW (IN THE UNITED STATESOF AMERICA)

On Sunday, September 9, 2018 at 10:28:15 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Friday, September 7, 2018 at 5:45:53 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, September 7, 2018 at 5:10:36 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Saturday, September 8, 2018 at 1:01:00 AM UTC+1, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/7/2018 3:42 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 9:42:25 PM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 9/5/2018 3:41 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:

Where I am there's virtually no talk about MANDATORY helmet laws.

IIRC, you're somewhere in Ontario. There's virtually no talk about
mandatory helmet laws there specifically because a group of cyclists -
including one who used to post here - successfully argued against them.
You should thank those cyclists for your freedom of choice.

BTW, a few years ago my wife and I did a driving and camping trip to
Cape Breton. While in a tiny town in New Brunswick, on a zero-traffic
Sunday evening, we rode our bikes a few blocks to a restaurant and back.
We were stopped on a residential street by a local cop and told that
helmets were mandatory for all ages everywhere in Canada. She was wrong,
of course. Yes, they are mandatory for all ages in NB and we knew that;
but we didn't even bring them along.

You'd be subject to the same nonsense if not for people you've argued
against.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Please show me where I argued against peoplec opposed to mandatory laws.

OK, Sir. You've obviously argued against me. You resurrected one of your
arguments just two days ago, starting with "Say that on this newsgroup
and within a post or two our resident anti-helmet poster will attack you
quite strongly." Was that not directed at me? If not me, it might have
been Tom.

Both Tom and I have argued against mandatory helmet laws, and we've
given reasons why. You've argued against us and argued against our
reasons. Therefore you you HAVE argued against people opposed to
mandatory helmet laws.

And I repeat: If not for the efforts of some of those same people, you'd
be subject to a MHL right now, just like the cyclists in New Brunswick.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Seems to me, Ridealot, that you're entitled to an apology the moment Krygowski fails to prove his lie that you are a cyclist sell-out to Big Helmet -- as he has failed to prove his lie: he accused you of arguing against *Canadian* anti-helmet campaigners but, now that you've stood up to him and demanded proof of his lie, suddenly Krygowski and Tom are standing in for Canadians, and by a tenuous leap of poor faith at that. It's crap, and cheap, transparent crap at that, not even worthy of a junior school debate.

Of course you won't get an apology, because Krygowski is far too smug (or more likely malicious) ever to admit he made a mistake. What you'll get is just more of the same ad hominem abuse from Krygowski.

Damn you again BIG HELMET! Can't you see, Andre, that BIG HELMET is tearing us apart -- pitting brother against brother? Cast off BIG HELMET! Free your head. Free your mind. We must all join arms, bare headed, riding together as one . . . into a giant crash. Do'h. I hit my head. It's really hard to ride arm-in-arm, unless you're the Sky Team. https://i.eurosport.com/2016/07/24/1...70-640-360.jpg

To listen to this drivel, you would think the Huns were massed on the border waiting to invade and enslave our heads. Wait until the electric scooters make it to Ohio, then Frank will have something real to complain about.

-- Jay Beattie.

I think that Andre doesn't understand sarcasm.

Hallelujah. Just what I say every time some snowflake in a trembly voice calls me a sarcastic SOB. In future I'll refer them to you, Tom, for an authoritative answer: Andre is not sarcastic.

Hey Andre, are you an American?

Thank god, no. I like Americans, but I couldn't eat a whole one.

Andre Jute
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit