Old September 10th 18, 09:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

Default THE CASE FOR A MANDATORY CYCLE HELMET LAW
(IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA)

James wrote:

The National Cycling Participation Survey found;
"While bicycle ownership has remained steady in comparison to the 2011
National Cycling Participation Survey, there has been a statistically
significant decrease in the level of cycling participation in Australia
between 2011 and 2017."

Meanwhile the police continue their blitzes on cyclists, focusing on
whether the rider is wearing a helmet (the fine in the state of New
South Wales is something like $330AUD), and whether the bicycle is
fitted with a bell. Yes, a bell is a mandatory piece of equipment on a
bicycle in Australia.

Any mounting prescriptions?
https://static.lindt.com.au/fileadmin/_processed_/csm_Picnic_Hamper_a197158b87.jpg
(In Joergville, it's also useful against hungry springtime bears: Just hurl
the partially unwrapped part at the attacking beast!)

Thankfully I have *never* been stopped by the
police for a bicycle road worthiness check, but not wearing a helmet is
like displaying a beacon that reads "Stop me!", and I don't dare ride
without a helmet because I don't like fines or police attention.

Sounds suspiciously like an Enemy of the State.