Old February 11th 05, 08:50 PM
Dave

I have these dudes in my incorporated village but no where near any
trails. These guys pedal around town wearing black lycra shorts and
bright yellow jackets with "SCPD" on them. They all ride the same model
TREK, wear black helmets and dark shades. They are mostly there to keep
the public peace and to write traffic tickets, but I did actually see
one pull someone over in a car for not having a seatbelt on.

I was almost tempted to ride one of my rigs on the sidewalk and see if
one of them would chase me out of the village.

Peace.

Zeke wrote:
I was just surfing on the local police website and I spotted the link
for the mountain bike cop unit
(http://www.calgarypolice.ca/inside/smbike.html) and I started
thinking that job might be cool.

So, I was wondering if any mountain bike cops frequent the newsgroup?

It might be a cool way to do some good for both yourself and the
community.

Zeke

--
David R Marlborough