Old November 14th 18, 10:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tanguy Ortolo

Default Replacing a used front rim

Tanguy Ortolo, 2018-11-12 18:24+0100:
Thanks for all the advice, I have just done the work, taping the rims
together and moving spokes one by one from one rim to the new one.

[…]

I will now monitor the wheel while I start using it. I must say it feels
quite good to ride on a wheel I built by myself!

Apparently I made at least one mistake. Since the old rim had an
adhesive rim tape, I could not save it, and I had to use another tape, a
rubber one I had in spare. Except it was a narrow one (12 mm I think),
and I have just read it is dangerous with double wall rim, where it can
be pushed inside the wholes by tube pressure. I have to replace it now…
:-(

--
Tanguy