Old April 24th 13, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default OT : Help - very specific tool required

On 24/04/2013 19:59, Judith wrote:

My friend has what I believe is known as an "Auto centre punch". It doesn't
require a hammer to make the punched hole.

I have a very specific requirement for punching single holes through pieces of
rubber. The diameter of the hole is not important - as long as I can make the
hole very quickly with the minimum of fuss. Something like : apply tool to
rubber item - press hard - hole made.

Does the team think that an "Auto centre punch" would do the job? Do you think
I could sharpen the point to make it more needle like - but it still do its
job. I don't want to use it just once or twice; but need to use it on a very
regular basis.

(Apologies for making the post in the cycling newsgroup - but I know that some
people here have many good ideas - much lateral thinking)

Hmmm...

What ARE you thinking of doing?