Old October 21st 14, 06:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Dynohub drag

On 10/20/2014 8:57 PM, jbeattie wrote:

Yes, if you want to wire up lights in series, you can do that. But, I believe StVZO limits a single light to 2.4 watts -- just because. And if you wire a bunch of lights in series, be content riding in the dark when your speed drops. But, hey, you don't need light when your riding slowly.

you're

I'll remind you that my commute is not 600 miles. I'll remind you that most 24 hour mountain bike racers use battery lights. I'll remind you that virtually every cyclist I see every night (which is a lot of cyclists) use little 120 gram bar lights that produce plenty of light -- more than most dynos and with zero complexity.

I saw a dyno user a few weeks ago. Two dynos on the same Caltrain,
train, me and him. It must have set some sort of a record.