Old November 4th 04, 02:15 PM
Curtis L. Russell

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 02:32:05 GMT, "Tom Kunich"
wrote:

Neither - It was painted sort of a sky blue which I seem to remember was the
'house' color of that brand. I seem to remember that it was fairly common in
the USA for awhile but by then it was difficult to get parts for since it
used a Swiss bottom bracket.

There was once a bike called the Alpine that favored sky blue and had
a red cross on white as a badge. Remember a few racing bikes and road
tandems, but a Google doesn't show them anymore. Not sure if they
still exist (evidence is that they don't) or whether they had a team.

Problem with the U.S. cycling scene in the 70s was that a local
importer like Pinto could make a brand appear relative common, even if
they're presence elsewhere was minimal to non-existent. Never saw
Alpines outside of the Washington, DC area.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...