Old August 24th 04, 10:26 AM
Chris Davies

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:55:35 +0200, James Thomson
wrote:

Kona Project Two?

"Chris Davies" wrote:

They would be ideal but I don't think you can get them with disc mounts.

There are a few versions of the P2 around. The standard triple-butted XC
version has V-brake bosses only. The beefy dirt/jump model has V-brake
bosses and a disk mount. There's also a version of the XC model with a
disk
mount only. If you wanted to have the XC model with dual compatibility,
it
wouldn't be expensive to have a disk mount brazed onto the V-brake model,
or V-brake bosses brazed onto the disk-only version.

Pace RC31 carbon forks are available at reasonable prices on the
second-hand market, and have a disk mount, plus a V-brake option. There
are
two blade lengths available - you'll probably want the shorter (older)
model.

James Thomson

I looked at a project two with disc mounts in a shop yesterday, I was put
off because it was seriously heavy. I would quite like to look at a Pace
(never had a carbon fork before). Thanks for the advice.
Chris

--
|C|H|R|I|S|@|T|R|I|N|I|T|Y|W|I|L|L|S|.|C|O|M|
Remove the bars to contact me