Old September 4th 03, 02:53 PM
Mark Paulus

Default what's a good cheap pump?

I have a cheap KMart High Pressure pump that works fine.
However, for my complete inflates I decided to try one of these
"emergency car pumps" that you can get from auto parts stores.
They plug into the car lighter, and are supposed to be good up
to 150+ psi. The one I have will get my tubes up to 80 psi w/not
too much trouble. The only thing about the model I have is that
if you get it hot (10 minutes or so), they recommend a 30 minute
cool down. However, if doing a complete tire/tube change,
the cool down time doesn't seem to be a huge problem.

I think you can get them at auto-parts stores for $20 or so.

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 08:06:38 UTC, "tsp" wrote:

it doesnt have to be portable at all... a standing home pump would be fine
my tires are rec at 56psi.. so something that can handle 80-90 would be good
built-in gauge would be nice, but NOT necessary

with those requirements, what is the cheapest/best value pump that i can
get?

--
**** Please remove the NO.SPAM when replying ****