Old January 13th 16, 11:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DougC

Default Tire shopping by size and bikes for little people...

On 1/11/2016 8:21 AM, sms wrote:
On 1/10/2016 7:33 PM, DougC wrote:
I have noticed that it's really difficult to shop for bicycle tires by
ISO size--not only for all tires (or just all major brand names) but
even within a single tire company's website. Is there any way to do this
other than just using Google?
,,,
A particular example is that I went looking for the sizes that Kenda
Kwest tires could be had in, since I couldn't find any listed for a
couple odd sizes (355 and 507mm). Because there isn't. But even on the
Kenda website, the Kwest isn't listed under "road" or "commuting" tires,
it is listed as a racing tire in the wheelchair category,,, even tho the
smallest size made is 20" / 406mm (that's a little wheelchair to be out
racing, I'd think). And the Kwests are 1.5" wide, quite a lot wider than
the commonly-used tires for wheelchair racing that I've seen elsewhere.

Not perfect, but the biketiresdirect web site has a pretty good search
engine.

i.e.
https://www.biketiresdirect.com/search?kw2=57-584
https://www.biketiresdirect.com/search?kw2=kwest

I have noticed the same problem you have found on sites like Performance
and Nashbar.

The website for Cheng Shin Tires *almost* does it right,,,, First you
must choose a 'type' of tire, but then you can search by the casual inch
designation, or by the ETRTO size--but with the ETRTO size, the WIDTH is
listed first. So the tires are primarily grouped by width, rather than
diameter.

http://www.csttires.com/int/bike/standard/