Old July 22nd 04, 05:19 AM
Jeff Starr

Default Slow leak--arrrrrgh!

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:17:03 -0400, Luigi de Guzman
wrote:

So my front tire went flat again, due to a slow leak

I had thought that I'd fixed the puncture in question, but, no, a
corner of the patch hadn't stuck onto the tube properly, so was
causing a slow leak.

I'm just annoyed as all hell, because now since it's *badly* patched,
the leak is irreparable--the bits of the patch that I stuck on
CORRECTLY went on when they were supposed to, and can't be torn free
from the tube for love or money.

Ugh. You live, you learn.

-Luigi

Hi, I see these posts often and I don't understand why some people
have problems. I patched a tube today and in its place installed
another patched tube.

I know it has been described before, by those with more experience
than I, but Here is how I do it. I sand an area much larger than the
size of the patch. The same with the glue, I always cover a larger
area. Today, because I was home and could wash up, I used my finger to
spread the glue evenly. I wait until the glue is dry and apply the
patch. I try to use a flat surface, where I can press the patch down
evenly, with decent pressure. I press and hold it tight for probably
30-60 seconds. Done!

I have been using the Park Tool patches because that is what my LBS
carries, although today I used the kit that came with my NashbarBig
Tool Kit 2.

Why do you think your patch didn't hold?

Life is Good!
Jeff