Old July 22nd 04, 02:09 PM
Jeff Starr

Default Slow leak--arrrrrgh!

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:32:44 -0700, Zoot Katz
wrote:

Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:17:03 -0400,
, Luigi de Guzman
wrote:

I'm just annoyed as all hell, because now since it's *badly* patched,
the leak is irreparable--the bits of the patch that I stuck on
CORRECTLY went on when they were supposed to, and can't be torn free
from the tube for love or money.

Ugh. You live, you learn.

In a recent protracted thread about patches, Jobst Brandt divulged
that patches can be removed with heat. I tried it on trashed tube and
it works a treat.
So, for love, your mom will let you use her iron. For money you can
buy your own at the thrift store.
A fairly hot setting will soften the glue sufficiently to remove the
patch easily.

How about heat gun or hair dryer?

Life is Good!
Jeff