Old March 7th 05, 03:22 PM
Shaun aRe

"(Pete Cresswell)" wrote in message
Per Shaun a
Have you put the thin spacer on the inside? There's two different
thicknesses, so they can be spaced wider, or closer by flipping them

over.

Yes. Now that somebody broached the issue, I measured the width of this

antique
fork. It's almost 2cm narrower than the 'zocchi on my FS. Seems to me

like
that's got to be the root cause....the fork is just out of range for the

brakes.

Actually the brakes still work acceptably without the return springs doing

their
job....after all, it's just an errand bike...

Then why TF all the fuss?!?!? Heheheheh... ',;~}~

Shaun aRe