Old September 24th 20, 03:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Front Brake LH or RH?

On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 11:51:49 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 9/23/2020 10:35 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Wednesday, 23 September 2020 09:55:59 UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://cyclingindustry.news/rose-bi...r-brake-rules/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Ludicrous. Is it really that hard for a bicycle shop to switch the brake lever location prior to selling the bike?

My guess is that for cable operated brakes it's usually pretty easy. For
hydraulics, maybe not. But then, I've never worked on hydraulic brakes.

What's ludicrous is the legal requirement for brake lever placement.

Back in the "old Days" Indian motorcycles had the throttle and front
brake lever on the left side and shifted on the right while Harley
Davidson had the throttle and brake on the right side and shifted on
the left :-)

--
Cheers,

John B.