Old September 24th 20, 11:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Front Brake LH or RH?

On 23/09/2020 21.17, Sepp Ruf wrote:
Tosspot wrote:
On 23/09/2020 17.15, Lou Holtman wrote:
Op woensdag 23 september 2020 om 17:55:19 UTC+2 schreef Sir Ridesalot:
On Wednesday, 23 September 2020 10:59:06 UTC-4, Lou Holtman wrote:
Op woensdag 23 september 2020 om 16:35:08 UTC+2 schreef Sir
Ridesalot:
On Wednesday, 23 September 2020 09:55:59 UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
https://cyclingindustry.news/rose-bi...r-brake-rules/

Ludicrous. Is it really that hard for a bicycle shop to switch
the brake lever location prior to selling the bike?

Rose and also Canyon are not just a bicycle shops.

I meant that the bicycle shop in the UK that brings in the bikes.
Would it be that hard for them to switch the brake levers?

Rose/Canyon sell their bikes directly to the consumer.

I pulled up from that point as I wasn't sure. In that case I suspect
that 10 year old legislation isn't their issue as they could sell their
bikes, as they do, in a box, and it is therefore a kit bike, and not
subject to the legislation. Which is what they do in Germany to avoid
that nonsense.

What nonsense exactly do they need to avoid in Germany?

Mandatory lights, hub dynamo, reflectors on wheels and pedals, bell,
probably one or two more I can't remember.

And to keep it a kit in UK, wouldn't it be sufficient to put the bell in a
plastic bag taped to the handlebar?

You need to do work to assemble it. Typically shipped without pedals,
and of course a bit of work getting the handlebars straight. Often
without saddle as well. Your idea might work, not sure.