Old February 20th 05, 02:57 AM
Zach

Mark Leuck wrote:
"Zach" wrote in message
oups.com...

Mark Leuck wrote:
"Zach" wrote in message
ups.com...
Wasn't oil going for about $55/barrel a couple months ago?

Whatever
it
is the price is much too low and I hope it goes above

$100/barrel
pay for the real costs. Then maybe the excessive number of

oversized,
overweight, single occupant vehicles will get off our roads so

we
have
more space for more benign forms of transportation such as

riding
recumbents.

Zach

And if that happens you will be spending double for that

recumbent

No big deal, it will still be much less expensive than a car.

Zach

Then again that is assuming you can buy that recumbent by then

I fail to understand the logic of people who wish the worst on

everyone else
so they can have more what they happen to like doing

In case you haven't noticed the world is going to hell due to overuse
of resources and the large number of people driving single occupant,
inefficient vehicles burning up petrol as if it were water has got to
stop if life on earth is to survive. Anything that can be done to
discourage destroying the environment through driving and excessive
resource use is a worthy cause in my book. I'm willing to suffer
reduced convenience to help save the world but many aren't and won't
start conserving resources and reducing their pollution output until it
becomes too expensive for them to drive. This is the beginning of the
peak oil age and things are going to get a lot worse before they get
better. Hopefully humanity can correct itself before it is too late and
the mass die off occurs. It is already starting to happen. Look at what
is going on with global warming and how many people are dying in wars
these days.

Zach