Old May 28th 19, 10:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Bottle holder

On 5/28/2019 5:34 PM, Theodore Heise wrote:
On Tue, 28 May 2019 14:09:00 -0400,
Joy Beeson wrote:
On Tue, 28 May 2019 13:19:46 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

I've found that a regular old fashioned hand crank pencil sharpener
works well, Well :=) except for drafting pencils, but who drafts with
a pencil anymore?

I deeply regret leaving our hand-crank pencil sharpener behind
when we moved. There's a pencil sharpener in the laundry room,
but it's a newer model of very poor quality. When I want to
sharpen a #2 pencil, I use my spouse's electric. Not as
precise as a hand crank, but it's there. And I'm not fussy
about my #2 pencils.

I second this! My mother had a hand crank sharpener that was
ancient when I was young--well over 50 years ago. Nothing I've
come across since did even half as well as that remarkable
machine.

+1, although the ancient ones I remember were in school, not at home.
Standards seem to have fallen.

--
- Frank Krygowski