Old May 28th 19, 11:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Bottle holder

On Tue, 28 May 2019 14:09:00 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On Tue, 28 May 2019 13:19:46 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

I've found that a regular old fashioned hand crank pencil sharpener
works well, Well :=) except for drafting pencils, but who drafts with
a pencil anymore?

I deeply regret leaving our hand-crank pencil sharpener behind when we
moved. There's a pencil sharpener in the laundry room, but it's a
newer model of very poor quality. When I want to sharpen a #2 pencil,
I use my spouse's electric. Not as precise as a hand crank, but it's
there. And I'm not fussy about my #2 pencils.

I bought the kids an electric pencil sharpener when they were in grade
school. A major mistake as an electrical pencil sharpener will eat an
entire pencil in less than a minute and is "fun" to use.

After about a week of use, and buying new pencils by the gross, I
changed over to several of those little "pencil sharpeners" that you
twist round and round with your fingers and gave each kid one or two -
"here, your very own pencil sharpener" :-)

The iron-on pencil, the nonce pencil, and the crayon pencils take more
care.

--

Cheers,

John B.