Old June 21st 19, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default It's half my fault but your fault is the greater

On 21/06/2019 09:37, TMS320 wrote:
On 18/06/2019 19:58, JNugent wrote:

If it happens, just *stop*. Forget your ego for a few seconds.

The required action is to avoid. This is done successfully many
thousands of times a day by drivers and cyclists and the moment is
forgotten a few seconds later. There may be times when stopping is a
necessary action.

....and this was one of them.

He didn't even have the excuse of having no brakes.

The fact that the victim didn't look before stepping forward does not
mean that you are entitled to mow her down. But you have made it clear
again and again that that is what you really want to do.

One is always free to think they 'deserve it'. Please don't try to claim
you never do.

Some videos from YouTube and other places, many of them linked from this
very NG, have indeed provided a sense of satisfaction arising out of
seeing "the biter bit".

But I would *never* do less than take every possible step to avoid a
collision, whether with another motor vehicle, a cyclist or a pedestrian.