Old December 30th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Default Why heckling Page is Fair Game

Bill C wrote:
On Dec 29, 6:10 pm, Amit Ghosh wrote:

dumbass,

i am sick of these "emotional" tough guys like phil moore and kunich
who want to beat up people who insult them on the internet.

these are the same types of guys that get into shoving matches at
bars, stalk ex-girlfriends and eventually put a barrel of a shotgun in
their mouth.

I'm also sick of loud mothed assholes screaming out garbage,
disrupting others people's right to speak, ruining others people's
events to stroke their sad little egos. Your right to be an asshole
ends at my right to conduct my life and business. I'd love to come up
there where I'm guessing you teach some classes and scream throught
them about how you plagiarized a bunch of your papers, insinuate you
molest little boys, and all kinds of other garbage with NO
repercussions for my actions at all.
A race, like any other sanctioned sporting event is controlled by the
organizing body, it's not a public area. It's a private event where
the public is allowed access. With that come certain standards of
behavior, especially where they could damage the product, as this
asshole did.
Bill C

Behaving like a civilized human being is a good thing. But it's also
cool for people to grow the **** up and quit taking offense at every
little thing. In the KC incident, nothing McAnus said or did excuses
violence on the part of the Page Clan.

The fact that so many of you absolve the Page Clan of responsibility for
the fight they willingly participated in IS CRAZY. The fight caused far
more damage to the sport than 50 hecklers would have.