Old December 26th 03, 10:12 PM
Werehatrack

Default carbon fiber fork question

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 12:54:11 -0600, A Muzi may
have said:

Since the incidence os so very low, I'm starved for information.

It might be worth considering that there could be a number of things
which *might* causing the reported failure rate to be lower than the
real one. (They may be identical, but my instincts tell me not to
make that assumption.) There may well be tens of thousands of
carbon/carbon forks which have been sold, but how many of those get
ridden hard on a daily basis? How many are ridden by someone who is
not the original purchaser? How many bear no indentifying marks?

I, for one, will continue to let others test the long-term
characteristics of carbon/carbon forks. They may very well be lighter
than aluminum, titanium or steel, but weight is just one factor, and
not the principle one for me. Others have different priorities, and
their policies will vary accordingly. I think that's entirely
appropriate.

it's also possible that I'm busy.