Old November 10th 04, 10:44 PM
Ravi

Atri I wrote:

Super Slinky wrote in message et...

What he says is true for SPD cleats, but I have found that the other
types of mountain cleats I have tried do not recess into MTB shoes as
well, so the advantage over road shoes is greatly diminished. You have
SPD pedals, so you will need SPD cleats and MTB or touring shoes if you
plan to keep these pedals. Personally, I think my road cleats and pedals
feel better than any of my MTB pedal/cleat combos. I'm not sure it is
rational, but it just seems the lower stack height and bigger cleat
contact area give a more positive feel. Yes road cleats suck to walk on,
but there is some token effort to make it possible when necessary. Be
advised that clipless pedals have a learning curve and you may fall
damaging yourself and your bike before you become proficient with them.

Thanks for the inputs. Any suggestions on learning to use clipless
pedals? Or do I just do it for a while and it comes with time?

check out earlier threads on this group - most recent one was with
subject 'Light Dawns'. you prefect your method by practice. have you
been using toe-clips now ?? if not, the concept of having the feet
attached to the pedals is kind of odd. So, keep the spring tension on
the SPD low - you can just lift your feet away from the pedal and your
feet will come loose. Once you are more comfortable, increase the spring
tension - so that you do not want unintentional unclippings (when
pulling the pedal on your up-stroke)

+ravi

Atri