Old May 14th 04, 07:31 PM
SDMike

Default Sounding off: On unsound wheels and sound advice

snip
I have a similar set of Ritchey wheels that had spoke breakage
problems. I called Ritchey and they said they said some of the wheels
were manufactured with defective spokes. I sent the wheel back per
their instructions, it was rebuilt and I haven't broken a spoke since.

I have a pair of Ritchey Pro wheels (20/28 like the OP's) and have never had a
problem with them. I'm running 180-190# right now 'cause my back's jacked.

Now if I'd bought the WCS version (20/24), I may have had a few more issues, but
I was smarter than that.