Old December 1st 08, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin

Default Police pick on cyclist

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 19:49:03 +0000, JNugent
wrote:

They challenged my lack of a front light, and I showed them that it
worked. They challenged that I went through the red lights, I claimed
they were green. The challenged that I did not stop, I claimed I did
not know they wanted me to stop as I couldn't see behind me. There
was a bit of other stuff that I can't recall. They asked for my name
and address, I gave them my name and said (in a silly bugger way), "My
address is here".

Is lying as blatantly as that something you are proud of?

Is anyone ever proud of playing silly buggers?

It happened, I did it, I was young, I would not be such an ass now.
22(?) years on I will not hide from how I behaved, but I will not
harbour embarrassment for that length of time either; the embarrassing
thought "Oh my God, did I really do that?" was reserved for the
following morning.