Old November 25th 18, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default What is the hand signal for 'I am going to make a U turn' ?

On Sunday, November 25, 2018 at 1:00:02 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
On 25/11/2018 12:58, JNugent wrote:
On 25/11/2018 11:19, Simon Jester wrote:

On Sunday, November 25, 2018 at 11:05:34 AM UTC, Peter Keller wrote:
On 11/24/18 11:10 PM, MrCheerful wrote:

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/l...ncludes-365122

Arm out straight (like making a right turn.)
Look and listen first before making turn.
Signal at least three seconds before attempting to make turn.
I have been saved many times by actually glancing behind *before* making
the turn.

Known as the 'life saver'. At least that was what is was called when I
took my motorcycle training in 1982.

I've heard of that before. A lifelong friend is a big motor-bike
enthusiast (real bikes, not the things they make today) and he is at
least still with us.

and there is the difference: training.

So you agree that everyone should take a bicycle training course before they can apply for a driving licence and should have to renew their cycle training every 3 years.