Old May 31st 04, 07:32 PM
Pistof

Default "Normal" XT stuff drying up

"KLydesdale" wrote in message

"Pistof" wrote in message
. ..
"The Nelson Paradigm" wrote in message
We sold a set of XT 9s rapidfire pods today, then set about ordering

their
replacement.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY we do business with had them in stock. Some

of
them blamed a shortage of Shimano parts.

More likely Shimano has already quit making these in favor of the new

XTR
clone with the wiggly brake levers and the "Low normal" (son of Rapid

Rise)
derailleur.

I'm willing to bet this stuff drops down to LX next year. Prolly even
Deore.

Make that bet.
http://tinyurl.com/2fp9w (links to cyclingnews.com)

XTR = XT = LX in 2005

I've spoken with Shimano reps about Dual Control and they feel very

strongly
that it's superior to Rapidrise. They bluntly told me that Rapidrise is
dead... DEAD!, I tell ya... D-E-A-D sniffling

To put it in one reps words, "The future is Dual Control. Rapidrise is

old,
being replaced..." All three I've spoken with have used "Dual Control"
w/the word "future" as if they are reciting something from their Shimano
propaganda.

Rapidrise has served me very well. I don't understand why I am being

forced
to adopt something else. Would it kill Shimano to keep both systems? I
guess so.

Was RapidRise ever really alive to begin with? I've never had it on any

of
my bikes and none of the guys in my regular ride group has ever used it in
the ten or so years we've been riding together.

Yeah, not RapidRise. I can't believe I wrote that. I meant Rapid F-I-R-E.
Thanks.

Rapidrise has to do w/the derailleur, not the shifters. Ugh.

I remember when Shimano first introduced the RapidRise XTR derailleur.
Everyone was jokingly calling it RapidDemise, like it would be the end of
Shimano. Guess not.

Remember, we're talking 'Normal" XT stuff here and RapidRise was far from
normal for XT derailleurs.