Old June 22nd 11, 03:05 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

Default Drunken driver hits a bunch of cyclists

(Third letter and quite possibly the last one. Conditions are such
that they may as well say, "WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!" Notice this is a
wealthy community)

Hello again,

THE SIGNS ARE STILL THERE! They say, "WALK BICYCLES ACROSS BRIDGE,"
but give no ordinance number. Now that you say no bicycles are allowed
on sidewalk, the situation is more confused than ever, as if nobody
gave it a thought. This possible scenario arises:

"You ride on the road, and when you get to the bridge you dismount the
bike and walk it... where?"

I have pictures showing that my bicycle doesn't even fit in the larger
bridge's sidewalk. Or do you expect me to walk it on the road? Isn't a
BIKE LANE the proper way to welcome cyclists?

PS: The bench overlooking the beach on 94th street is full of pee and
it stinks like ammonia. Is that a permanent location for the winos? I
understand removing the hobos may not be legal so perhaps the bench
should be removed. They may not have good taste about wine but they
sure do about locations.

We rode last night two abreast and weren't harassed. I guess it was
our lucky night. But I hold this city responsible for future
incidents.

This is indeed part of an INTERNATIONAL CAMPAIGN exposing the
indifference to the real challenges we suffer as cyclists, pedestrians
and citizens. WE ARE NOTHING. We are monkeys, and the drivers are full
of rage at us. PARADISE OR HELL?