Old April 17th 05, 06:48 AM
Joshua Goldberg

750W Crystalyte DC Hub Motor
110V Controller
110V AC 4 Stroke 1500W Generator with rectifier and filter
Cruise speed with tadpole tandem and 8 foot trailer: 50 mph, opened up to 70
mph/
Our Asses 4 ounces off the pavement, reclined, fiberglass nose cone from a
Velomobile,
Fiberglass Aero trailer with tri-spoke aluminum wheels with disc brakes/
Aluminum tri-spoke front tadpole wheels with disc brakes/
Cro-Moly 4130
Egg Beaters
4 PC Speaker sound system
On-Board Toshiba P-20 Laptop with Cell link/
Elaborate lighting system using ultra-brite LEDs (almost 100 LEDs) on 72V
Ni-MH X 13Ah system/
On-Board coffee maker/
55 square foot canvas Sail with telescopic mast for Freewheeling Wind Power
Assist/
Burning Man 1st, Vancouver 2nd/

Joshua
www.evsolutions.net

"jtaylor" wrote in message

"Joshua Goldberg" wrote in message
we are looking at leaving Toronto July 01, there is another tadpole
coming
with us a chap doing a trans-Canada crossing. We are cheating, we are
using a DC Motor to supplement the pedals.

Without some (or all) of

a) external power
b) solar panels
c) regenerative braking

you will have a net loss carrying a motor and battery.

Electrically assisted cycling is only less work when

a) you can charge the battery from an external source
b) you use the battery a high percentage of the time you are riding -
which
means
c) you are not going very far between charges