Old August 1st 06, 06:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Raptor

Default Highest paved roads

wrote:

Good thing to remember on Evans is that after you ride up it, you have
to ride back down. It's not just very high, it's also very narrow,
winding, and heavily traveled. I drove up that peak in '89, and a couple
of cyclists saw my bike rack and bummed a ride back down. They were
visibly relieved not to be facing that descent.

Is it really that bad? Going down is half the reason for going up!

I seriously doubt that I could ride up to 14000 feet, right now. But
10000 used to be impossible until I got used to it.

--
Lynn Wallace
http://www.xmission.com/~lawall