Old November 24th 03, 10:06 PM
Josh Gatts

Default First long ride on my new bike (long)

"Rick Onanian" wrote in message
2. There's no reasonable amount or type of food for me to eat on a
long ride. I've progressed from my 2 pounds of grease lunch (bonked
when all the blood went to my digestive system) to a couple pizza
strips (Maybe the same problem as the burger and mozzarella sticks)
to crackers and Gu (insufficient fuel), and nothing worked; and when
I only had crackers and Gu, I ended up hypoglycemic too.

Gu is OK, but unless you're rich, you'll go broke if you use enough of it to
replenish burnt calories on a long ride. I find that some combination of
fig newtons, bananas, pretzels (mostly for the salt), peanut butter
sandwiches, and payday bars can usually keep me going as long as my muscles
hold out.

2 fig newtons ~= 1 GU.

--Josh