Old November 8th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Default Cog tooth spacing on old gears.

!Jones wrote:
I'm looking at an old, single-cog US made hub. From tip to tip of the
teeth is measuring about 9/16", as closely as I can measure, anyway.
It's just a tad bit longer than the modern chain, such that it'll span
about three teeth, but no more.

So, what kind of chain and chain ring is it for which I'm searching?
If I knew what to call it, I'd be more likely to find it.

9/16" is highly unlikely. More probably 1" x 3/16". Either
locate/finance/acquire a chain or count on changing the cog. A standard
1/2" x 1/8" track cog fits most. Which brand/model hub is it?
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org