Old November 8th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
!Jones[_2_]

Default Cog tooth spacing on old gears.

On Nov 8, 2:55 pm, Duncan Smith wrote:
On Nov 8, 7:55 pm, !Jones wrote:

Try a motor-cycle chain, I think I read once that was the standard
track bikes used to be. 'Till this new fangled 1/8th trend came along
that is!

Thanks, but it was just a cranial flatulance on my part. I'm
considering grinding the cog to take the narrower chain. I always
ask: why do something the easy way (i.e., get a 3/16" chain) when,
with a little bit of effort, I can make it *much* more complicated and
difficult? It wouldn't be "The Cowboy Way"!!! (I'm from Texas.)

It's a damn good thing I don't make my living this way, huh, Andrew?

Jones