Old June 25th 04, 09:01 PM
JP

Default I was misled

Mark Hickey wrote in message . ..

For example, when Russian President Vladimir Putin recently told the
press how Russia warned us repeatedly that they had solid evidence
that Iraq was planning to attack the US and US interests abroad after
the 9/11 attacks...

Yes, I'm going to take the word of an ex-KGB officer who is trying to
help Bush get re-elected lest someone else get in there who
disapproves of the Russian death squads in Chechnya.

Guess how the major networks in the US handled it? NOT A FRIGGIN'
WORD. The NY Times and other liberal papers buried the story at the
bottom of an inside page.

The thing that I'm surprised about is that various Bush admin hacks
didn't get all over the Sunday morning news shows with this. On the
contrary, someone, CIA official I believe, said they didn't know what
Putin was referring to. My guess is that if Putin did tell Bush
something, the *whole* story is actually embarassing so Bush can't use
it- maybe something like, Putin told Bush that Iraq was making plans
to attack the US with terrorists if we invaded Iraq.

If you'd rather form an opinion unencumbered by the facts, by all
means follow the links to the propaganda that Jobst posted.

You wouldn't know a fact if it smacked you in the face. Jobst's post
references the St. Petersburg Times and San Francisco Chronicle, and
they reference a response by Tampa International Airport to the 9/11
Commission. Jobst's article is thoroughly footnoted. There are no
holes in it. The flight happened.

So stop lying and trying to say it didn't.

If you'd rather actually know what's going on, I'd suggest starting
with an unbiased compilation like the Drudge Report (recently
determined to be by far less biased than any other news source that
was analyzed). That becomes pretty obvious when you see it...

www.drudgereport.com

Amazing. Drudge is a rumor-monger. Some times he is right, often he is
wrong.

JP