Old June 11th 17, 10:28 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Default PASTY-FACED LIMEYS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE

On 10.06.2017 22:42, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 11:25:40 +0100, Peter Keller
wrote:

On 10.06.2017 01:57, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article , says...

On 09.06.2017 04:33, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Well with those silly shorts and helmet...

At least I ride a bike, a very convenient delightful economical viable
means of transport, and we all know that YOU think bicyclists are the
****witted pits of humanity.
I really feel complimented by that, because YOU said it.

Bikes are ok in the city where the traffic is slow.

I live out where it is about a 3 to 5 mile trip to town. I hate the
spandex riders on the country roads slowing up things. If thye just
want to ride for the fun of it, go to a park or some place off the main
roads. Same for those mini motocycles or whatever they are that only do
about 20 MPH.

5 miles for me is nothing.
I must be unusual. I periodically pull aside to let faster traffic pass,
if necessary (not often).

Most cyclists (and slow vehicles like buses and tractors) don't.

Thank God I am not most bicyclists.
You really want to categorise people, don't you?

I don't see the point of mini-motorcycles when one can get such good
exercise and movement without the smells and noise and expense of the
motor.

My car will go 120mph and get me across the country in a matter of
hours. How fast will your bicycle go?

Point missed.
Where is the exercise and delightful body movement in driving at 120mph?

What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.