"he smelt of alcohol and he just seemed to care about getting away toanother commitment. "

Old April 12th 18, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default "he smelt of alcohol and he just seemed to care about getting away toanother commitment. "

Cyclist in court for mowing down a child in a pedestrian area.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/barrow...448c9376efb-ds
Old April 12th 18, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 12/04/2018 14:04, MrCheerful wrote:

Cyclist in court for mowing down a child in a pedestrian area.

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/barrow...448c9376efb-ds

QUOTE:
"He knows he shouldn't have been on his bike there in the first place
and he very much regrets what happened."

Cyclists are expected to dismount and walk through the Portland Road
pedestrianised area.
ENDQUOTE

I suspect that what he regrets, after cycling away from the scene of the
injury he caused to that child in that pedestrianised area, is having
been caught and held to account, though a financial penalty of just £325
is hardly sufficient to satisfy the phrase "holding to account".