Anything exciting happen while I was away?

Old January 13th 19, 02:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Anything exciting happen while I was away?

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 5:21:22 PM UTC-8, Radey Shouman wrote:
jbeattie writes:

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 3:03:30 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 08:39:05 -0800 (PST), wrote:

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 4:40:29 PM UTC-8, John B. Slocomb wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 12:51:23 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 6:57:47 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 6:55:06 PM UTC, wrote:
On Monday, January 7, 2019 at 3:01:14 PM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
I was away from my desktop computer and, not wanting to
carry my tablet which in its Griffin case, suitable for
driving over with a truck, is bloody heavy, I tried to
read the net on my phone, and presumably punched some
button that marked all posts as read. I'm damned if I'll
read all the old posts again to discover the new ones.

So, did anything exciting happen in the last day or two?
Did any of the usual clowns disgrace themselves? Did one
of the usual clowns turn into a philosopher-king? That
would be a turn-up for the books.

Man, I had my own computer when they had vacuum tubes and
it lived in a huge air- and humidity-controlled basement
in my faculty's admin building and the monkeys telling me
what I couldn't do on it -- which invariably I found a way
of doing -- wore white coats. But you didn't code it with
the edge of your pinky-nail. Progress isn't always all
that it is cracked up to be.

Andre Jute
I save my pinky-nail for digging wax out of my ear -- the
Ur-Philosopher Alfred E. Neumann
I use my little finger to dig in my nose -- Sir
A. J. Ayer, Wykeham Professor of Logic at New College,
Oxford

Stop quoting Kragowski

You're wicked, Tom.

AJ

I have watched the sort of thing that Jay, John and Frank have
resorted to when they have nothing to say. They criticize
things that can't be criticized. Can you imagine John saying
that because a man was illegally growing Opium poppies that
proves that the ONLY effective pain killer in the world is
illegal in the US? Or Jay telling us that we don't use opium -
but rather Morphine and Codeine? And FRANK saying that I was
misspelling Cumulus and so my statement that contrails are
cumulus clouds is inaccurate?

This has reached the level of mental illness with these
people. They will say absolutely anything to try to prove us
wrong. Really wacked out.

Prove "us" wrong"? I've asked you before who "us" is? Do you have a
mouse in your pocket?

As the Chinese say:

"Learned people distinguish the true from the false by sensible study,
foolish people run after rumor".

Which would seem to indicate that you, Tom, are a fool.

cheers,

John B.

"Sensible" leaves you completely out.

Yes, you can do that. After all someone telling the truth is probably
not someone that you are interested in listening to.

Your fevered pipe dreams are probably more entertaining.

We're back to opium!
https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/pipe-dream.html

Give Tom a little credit -- that wasn't an accident.

Has anyone ever told you how brilliant you are? I didn't think so:

Some of the most commonly used medications on the list of synthetic opiates include:
Demerol
Fentanyl
Dilaudid
Norco
Lortab
Atarax
Methadone
Buprenorphine

Looks like an exciting Vuelta ! Keith Racing 8 July 31st 08 06:35 PM
exciting new transmission [email protected] Techniques 3 September 10th 07 03:32 AM
How exciting... Scoot Racing 3 July 9th 06 03:18 PM
Ooh that sounds exciting.. David Martin UK 3 May 26th 06 08:26 PM
Exciting Wednesday night Tamyka Bell Australia 30 October 24th 04 05:04 AM