Cyclist tries to get Boris bike onto a double decker

Old July 26th 19, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cyclist tries to get Boris bike onto a double decker

I thought a bicycle was viable transport, especially in London?

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/07/2...Nu0qk613oUBNIP
Old July 27th 19, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 26. 7. 2019 14:21, MrCheerful wrote:
I thought a bicycle was viable transport, especially in London?

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/07/2...Nu0qk613oUBNIP

In London, yes.
On a double-decker bus, no.
Old July 27th 19, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, July 26, 2019 at 1:21:13 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
I thought a bicycle was viable transport, especially in London?

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/07/2...Nu0qk613oUBNIP

All this proves is just how viable pedal cycles are as a form of transport.
When was the last time you tried to put your car on an aircraft?
Old July 28th 19, 01:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 27/07/2019 15:29, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, July 26, 2019 at 1:21:13 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
I thought a bicycle was viable transport, especially in London?

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/07/2...Nu0qk613oUBNIP

All this proves is just how viable pedal cycles are as a form of transport.
When was the last time you tried to put your car on an aircraft?

Perfectly feasible.

Along with a few others, I once travelled from Lakenheath to Ramstein by
air. We had seats (of a sort) but had loaded an Austin van onto the
aircraft. And it was free of charge (it isn't what you know, it's who
you know). It was a few years ago, mind.

And as if that were not enough to answer your question, you could always
have a look at: https://www.retrowow.co.uk/transport/air_car_ferries.php

PS: So are you out of that place now? Hope the nurses were kind to you.