Fly-in MTB locations on east coast?

Old February 4th 04, 01:11 PM
John Harlow

Default Fly-in MTB locations on east coast?

What kind of plane is it? I'd imagine flying in to many places alone
and riding wouldn't be all that great. I'd think getting two mountain
bikes, gear and people into a typical 4 seater would require some
pretty major disassembly of the bikes. Or do you have a Yakima rack
bolted to the aircraft's roof? G

Hey Barry,
In this case it's a Cessna 172. Yep, getting the bikes in there may take
some disassembly (hopefully not of the plane) but I think it may be
possible.

A Cherokee 6 would be just about perfect!

Word.

Thanks for the info!

Old February 4th 04, 03:06 PM

Okay fly your plane into Groton-New London Airport. And on
the other side of the Poquonnock River is some of the best riding
around. You better act fast the snow is meltting fast but more on the
way winter isn't over till its over. Maybe by Arpil Fools Day.

I MTB 2004