Why buy at LBS?

Old July 24th 03, 08:18 PM
F. Golightly

Default Why buy at LBS?

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni"

How can you look at yourself in the mirror without feeling
ashamed?

I bet I look way better than you, at least I wear team

snipped ---

If you want to look like a sidewalk billboard and not get paid for it... go
for it Ms. Mozzarella.

fwiw

Old July 24th 03, 08:20 PM
F. Golightly

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni"

I'm sure glad I'm not you.

*Everyone's* ...glad they're not you.

hth

Old July 24th 03, 08:45 PM
Karen M.

Bill wrote:
I'm with you on this one.

I've never paid more than $25 for a jersey. I just won't do it.
All of my cycling specific clothing is from either Performance
or Nashbar. I see no reason to pay more and I certainly don't
want to be a billboard for some team that isn't paying me.

Even worse:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...52&category=52

RT plane ticket to Ride to the Roses: maybe $250
Entry fee: $50 (or is it $100?)
Waiting in line of have Lance sign whatever: priceless

--Karen M.
bargain hunter
Old July 25th 03, 01:03 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

F. Golightly wrote in message ...
go for it Ms. Mozzarella.

Thanks, FRED.

Old July 25th 03, 02:02 AM
Zippy the Pinhead

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:03:38 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni"
wrote:

F. Golightly wrote in message ...
go for it Ms. Mozzarella.

Thanks, FRED.

It's a little-known fact that Fabrizio is Italian for "Fred".
Old July 25th 03, 02:31 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Zippy the Pinhead wrote in message ...

It's a little-known fact that Fabrizio is Italian for "Fred".

I think not, guys like Cipollini and Garzelli wouldn't
have any FREDS for training partners!

Old July 25th 03, 01:30 PM
Peter Cole

"The Causey Way" death@tospam wrote in message
Ok, I love to support my LBS but when it comes to clothes, I'm forced to go
online to the discount stores. Why should I pay $80+ for a jersey when I can
get two for $50 at Perfomance? I've worn Performance clothes for several
years now with no complaints. So why do people buy name brand? What am I
missing? It's an honest question.

At the LBS you get to try things on. Perhaps you get to actually talk to
someone who knows a little about clothing. As for name brands, often the
quality is much higher. In the long run, I'd rather have fewer pieces of nice
stuff. When you factor in durability, the average cost is similar.

Old July 25th 03, 02:42 PM
The Causey Way

"Robert Oliver" wrote in message
Why should I pay $80+ for a jersey when I can
get two for $50 at Perfomance?

Who said you had to?

So why do people buy name brand?

Because they want to.

What am I missing? It's an honest question.

Apparently nothing. It's all about choice. Do what you want, and don't

worry
about other people

You're like Fabrizio without the funny parts.

Old July 25th 03, 04:48 PM
Paul Bielec

Same here.
I get my clothing at www.mec.ca. They have a new store here in Montreal so I
don't have to actually buy it online.

Old July 28th 03, 01:06 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Tom Sherman wrote in message ...

I don't buy most jerseys because they have the stupid pockets on the
back where they lump up against the seatback.

Tom, have you ever stopped and wondered why
top elite roadies like me dislike you types so
much?