"Helmet took the brunt of the impact"

Old May 2nd 12, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_9_]

Default "Helmet took the brunt of the impact"

More evidence of the effectiveness of cycle helmets

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scottis...rash-1-2266812

A CYCLIST was left dazed after a collision with a car, just days after she
participated in the Pedal on Parliament protest. Jemma Smith, 25, was half
a mile into her daily commute to work when the accident happened at a
junction at Drum Brae Avenue in Corstorphine. She was thrown over her
handlebars and landed on her head before skidding along the road.

Ms Smith escaped with concussion and ligament damage to both knees – but her
crash helmet was destroyed by the impact and may have saved her life.
Following the incident, which occurred at around 7am yesterday, Ms Smith
called for new measures to ensure more is done to protect cyclists on the
roads.

Ms Smith said: “I landed on my head – the helmet took the brunt of the
impact.â€